Preparing for your Boudoir Photo Shoot
Breathe, stand in all your confidence, adorn yourself with buckets of self-love
First – you’ll want to check out the Sass & Class Studios Portfolio pages for endless inspiration. You will learn how other women have embraced their femininity, beauty and innate sexiness before the camera. We have also curated some stunning boudoir looks on our Pinterest page which you may want to borrow for your special Sass Babe Boudoir session. Create your own Pinterest board and start pinning your ideas – and feel free to share with us so that we can get a feel for the vibe you’re going for.
Here are some other tips for finding looks that will enhance the wonderfulness, sensuality and natural prettiness of you during your shoot:
- Visualize the clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props you will want to wear for your shoot. Flip through your favourite fashion magazines to discover ways to pair colours, fabrics and styles for easy runway glamour.
- Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
- Grab a style-savvy and fun-loving friend and hit women’s fashion boutiques to hunt down an ensemble that not only flatters your figure, but also makes you feel comfortable, unquestionably beautiful and relaxed.
- Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but please remember sometimes a tight T-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier. Let your own personality shine through.
- Bring something meaningful to you or your significant other; this serves as a great way to personalize your shoot. It may be lingerie your significant other gave you on your first anniversary, for instance, or a vintage charm bracelet you found on a scouting expedition while on vacation. You may even decide to amp up the creatively by posing with your artwork for a truly one-of-a-kind statement.
Five Days Before Your Shoot . . .
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or colour, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
- PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN . . . unless you select a professional tanning salon, so as to ensure no streaks or unevenness, or that funny ORANGE colour — and get your tan 1-2 days prior to your shoot date, to ensure the smoothest look for your photos.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The Day Before Your Shoot . . .
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The Day of Your Shoot . . .
- Use clear deodorant please.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house. There will be snacks on hand to help keep the energy up as we progress through the shoot.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!).
- Location and directions will sent via email or text.
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a wee bit nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
Relax, have fun and prepare to feel transformed!
Looking for more insight on how to prepare for your big day? Then check out our blog post where I write about my own boudoir photo shoot experience 😘 ➤➤➤ Why I Shoot Boudoir.