What do I wear?
One of the most common questions I get from clients is, ❝What do I wear?❞. The answer is, whatever makes you the most comfortable. In other words, there are a lot of options. While I offer a pre-session consultation where we can go over outfit options so that you are even more comfortable with what you are bringing to your session, this article will help get your creative juices flowing. We have also curated some stunning boudoir looks on our Pinterest page which you may want to borrow as ideas for your special Sass Babe Boudoir session. Create your own Pinterest board and start pinning your own ideas – and feel free to share with us so that we can get a feel for the vibe you’re going for. For an overall understanding of how to prepare for your photo shoot, you’ll want to review our Boudoir Prep Guide.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Not every outfit has to be lingerie
- Have at least one bra and panty set
- Bring high heels
- Try everything on before your session
- Brand new lingerie or very lightly worn is best
- Keep your body type in mind
- Wear whatever YOU feel sexy in – if you don’t feel sexy in something, you won’t look sexy in it!
GENERAL CLOTHING TIPS
- Garters and thigh highs: Bring them! They are so sexy and offer many great options for photos of your amazing legs. If you are going to wear thigh highs without a garter, make sure to get the ones with the plastic stay ups so they don’t slip off your leg.
- Something of His: If this is a gift for your fiancé/husband/boyfriend/significant other, then bring something from their wardrobe. This can be one of their favourite ties, a button down shirt, a sports jersey, recreational gear, or his uniform. Anything that makes the images more personal and sexy to them!
- Accessorize: Bring those pearls and diamonds to your session! Have a long string of pearls? Those are perfect for draping. Have some stunning diamond earrings? Wear them! They add depth and another level of sexy to your photos. You can easily modify the look of your outfit by changing your accessories. Accessories include jewelry, scarves, hats, stilettos, boots, gloves, fishnets, stockings, garter belts, etc.
- High Heels: The higher the better for your session! You won’t be walking around in them so don’t worry about that part. Black is obviously a great choice and goes with anything – the same with nude heels – but anything with bling or anything that is high and strappy is a must bring! Leave your wedges at home this time and do be sure to buff/clean everything before you arrive.
- Corsets and Bustiers: These are great options and really make your waist look narrow. If you are smaller than a C cup, be sure to grab the ones with built in support so you don’t look flat chested.
- Push Up Bras: Now is the time to pull out all the stops so don’t leave that push up bra at home. Push up bras give some added support to your girls and look amazing in photos!
- Bra and Panties: Bring a varied selection of bra and panty sets. Start with basic black and then add colors and patterns. Bras and panties can be photographed alone or paired with any of the other clothing items or accessories you bring.
- Lingerie: A baby doll nightie, vintage slip, teddy and/or camisole are always great choices. Corsets with thigh high stockings, a garter belt, and heels are super sexy too. Think about what colours look good on you. Maybe even ask your fiancé/husband/boyfriend/significant other what outfits he likes or what colours he prefers on you.
- Casual Attire: Everyday clothing such as sheer tops, loose fitting sweaters, jeans or shorts are great choices if going for a more casual look. A simple white tank top or cami are also very versatile and can be paired with many different things. Leather bomber or motorcycle jackets are always fun to pair up with those high heels!
- Bring your clothing and lingerie on hangers with a garment bag over the top. Don’t stuff it in a duffel! This will reduce wrinkles and fold lines.
- Clean the bottoms of your shoes (and feet) just in case they appear in a photo.
- Cut tags and make sure security devices have been removed from new purchases.
- The magic of photoshop stops at tan lines. I highly recommend NOT getting a spray tan – as they always streak – and stay out of the sun the week before your session to avoid sun burns or noticeable tan lines. You want your skin to be natural and even.
- Make sure your mani-pedi is fresh and matches your clothing colours and styles. French tips, golds, and neutral colours look really nice. Avoid bold colors as it will become the focus of the photo.
- Opt for lacy, sheer demi cup bras over full coverage t-shirt bras.
- Come to the session in loose fitting clothes without bras, socks, or panties to prevent dents or lines on your body.
OTHER CLOTHING IDEAS
- Cocktail dress
- Short robe or wrap
- Fur jacket or wrap
- Suit jacket
- Team jersey
- Fashion glasses
- Hair accessories
PLACES TO SHOP